Tags Posts tagged with "Saudi Arabia"

Saudi Arabia

0 32
Scheming Schumer
Two men of principle and conviction. Er, wait...

Last Monday, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced that he intends to support a Senate motion, moved to block President Trump’s arms deal with Saudi Arabia. The deal between the two countries was signed last month, during Trump’s visit to the Middle Eastern Islamic Republic.

However, it is to be noted, Schumer, who is one of Trump’s most vocal opponents in the government, had a significantly different stance to remarkably similar motion last year, when a group of senators tried to block former President Barack Obama’s arms deal with the Saudis.

In his statement on Monday, Schumer said that he is concerned about the impact on the already worsening humanitarian crisis in the region, the sale of $500 million worth of precision guided missiles will have.

“I will support Sen.  [Chris] Murphy’s resolution of disapproval. The human rights and humanitarian concerns have been well documented and are important,” Schumer told the Huffington Post.

“Of equal concern to me is that the Saudi government continues to aid and abet terrorism via its relationship with Wahhabism and the funding of schools that spread extremist propaganda throughout the world,” he explained.

The effort to move the motion to block Trump’s arms deal is a bipartisan one, led by Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.)

This group of senators is of the belief that an arms deal with Saudi Arabia could aggravate the already worsening problems of the region, including the civil war in Yemen, where the government of Saudi Arabia is vehemently supporting the ousted government. The senators believe that the current humanitarian crisis could seriously worsen with American weapons.

This isn’t, however, the first time a group of senators have tried to stop the sale of American arms and ammunitions to Saudi.

Last year, a $1.15 billion deal to sell arms to the Saudis, approved by the Obama administration, was successfully blocked by the Senate. However, at that time, it was noted that Schumer had voted against the rejection of Obama’s deal.

Even though the humanitarian issues remain, no one can tell why Schumer has changed his decision suddenly to block the arms deal that he was supporting last year under Obama.

The effort to block the deal, even with Schumer’s deal, is expected to fail. However, Politico expects the effort to receive support from a handful of Republicans and a large majority of Democrats.

0 17
No Nonsense
Iran knows whose boss - and so does the world.

Sending his condolences to the victims of the latest terror attacks in Iran, President Donald Trump issued a statement on Wednesday from the White House. However, it was in the conclusion of his statement that he stunningly rebuked the government of Iran.

“We grieve and pray for the innocent victims of the terrorist attacks in Iran,” the statement read, “and for the Iranian people, who are going through such challenging times.”

“We underscore the risks that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote,” it added.

The statement suggests that since Iran has been a state sponsor of terrorism all over the world, according to the US intelligence community, it has been attacked by the terrorists created by itself.

As expected, Iran has blamed Saudi Arabia for the twin attacks last Wednesday, on the shrine of a revered Iranian politician. The attackers used suicide bombs and other arms.

According to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the attacks could be related to the President Trump’s recent visit to Saudi Arabia.

“World public opinion, especially in Iran, sees the fact that this terrorist act was perpetrated soon after the meeting of the U.S. president with the heads of one of the reactionary regional states that has always supported … terrorists as to be very meaningful,” the statement read.

However, the statement from the White House, following the attacks, is bound to attract more animosity from Iran, the beneficiary of a historic nuclear deal with former President Barack Obama. It should be noted that the deal attracted a great deal of criticism from President Trump.

0 1133
Arab man, seen from the back, with veil

WikiLeaks have released more John Podesta emails and one of them is from Hillary Clinton and she describes who is funding ISIS.

Hillary Clinton has maintained that she will defeat ISIS and be a strong leader, but at the same time she is taking money from the same people that support ISIS.

In an email from Hillary to John Podesta, who at the time was a counselor to Barack Obama in 2014, Hillary describes where ISIS is getting a lot of their money.

“While this military/para-military operation is moving forward, we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region.”

Hillary clearly says that ISIS is being funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and not only with money, but with logistical support too.

John Podesta would later leave as Obama’s counsel to become the campaign chair for Hillary for President.

He should be advising Hillary to stop taking money from Saudi Arabia knowing they support ISIS.

The Clinton Foundation has received between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000 according to the Clinton Foundation website.

Hillary has continued to take money from Saudi Arabia for her Clinton Foundation, but has known that they also support ISIS.

Some would call that a conflict of interests.

As America approaches Election Day, there is so much information coming out about the candidates that it is hard to keep up, but there will be fallout from all of these emails and it could all start with her taking millions from a country she knew supported ISIS.

How do you feel about Hillary Clinton taking money from Saudi Arabia knowing they supported ISIS? Let us know in the comments below.

0 1471
saudi arabia

9/11/01 was one of the worst days in American history, but instead of honoring the victims and their families, Obama sides with Saudi Arabia.

The families of the victims of 9/11 have been trying to sue Saudi Arabia for their roll in the terror attacks that claimed the lives of almost 3000 people.

Last Friday, the House of Representatives passed a bill that would allow the 9/11 victims a chance to sue the government of Saudi Arabia.

The families celebrated just days before the 15-year anniversary of the attack.

Finally the families will get their day in court right? Nope!

When the White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, was asked if president Obama would veto the bill, he said, “That’s still the plan.”

The White House feels that the bill could complicate the diplomatic relations of the two countries.

Earnest tried to rationalize the stance of the president and said that the bill is not “an effective, forceful way for us to respond to terrorism.”

Now lawmakers are saying that if Obama vetoes the new bill then they would attempt to override his decision.

The bill did pass unanimously and there seems to be enough support to possibly override the president’s decision. If that happens, it would be the first time in Obama’s presidency that a veto could be overturned.

Obama “honored the victims” with a video message about that tragic day 15-years ago.

Just days after releasing this video, Obama hasn’t changed his mind about the veto. In the video he says we should honor the victims, but now when it comes to taking action and living up to his words, Obama plans to dishonor the families by vetoing the bill.

Do you think Obama should veto the bill? Let us know in the comments below.

This story is still developing. Check back often for more details.

557 4282
terrorist

President Barack Obama, acting on his own as he did in June earlier this year when he released six Gitmo detainees to Yemen and without notifying Congress in advance, has released Abdul Rahman Shalabi, 39 – believed to be one of Osama Bin Laden’s personal bodyguards – to Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia spawned 15 of the 19 9/11 attackers and was the source of Bin Laden’s wealth that he used to finance and execute the attacks on the United States that claimed the lives of 2,996 people in four separate passenger jet attacks.

Two planes hit the World Trade Center in New York City, one that hit the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia and one that crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania after a passenger revolt brought the plane down before it could reach its target – presumably The White House or the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Since the beginning of the Afghanistan war that followed the September 11, 2001 attacks, the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba has been used by the federal government as a prison to house America’s most lethal enemies – radical Jihadist’s taken from the battlefield and locked up where they could do no more harm.

Shalabi, who is described as one of Bin Laden’s bodyguards, is believed to be the 20th 9/11 hijacker who was unable to participate in the attacks because he turned up as security risk by domestic law enforcement. The bodyguard job was Shalabi’s consolation prize.

He was captured in 2001 by the Pakistani army and was among the first group of detainees to be sent to the U.S. military prison. His lawyers have said Shalabi had been on a hunger strike since 2005 and was being force-fed his meals.

The New York Times reported:

“In a statement explaining its reasoning, the board said Mr. Shalabi had “terrorist-related activities and connections” in the past, but said it was confident that the Saudi government’s rehabilitation program and its ability to monitor former detainees would mitigate the risks.”

“The board also cited the fact that Mr. Shalabi’s nephew, who was repatriated from Guantánamo in President George W. Bush’s second term and went through the Saudi rehabilitation program, has apparently lived quietly ever since.”

“The board also considered the detainee’s well-established family, their willingness and ability to support him upon his return, and their prior success in assisting with the rehabilitation and reintegration of a former Guantánamo detainee,” the review panel said.”

“Mr. Shalabi appeared before the board at a hearing in April. He asked that his statements not be made public. But a lawyer helping to represent him, Julia Tarver-Mason Wood, told the board that he just wanted “to settle down, get married and have a family of his own, and put the past behind him.”

Since Congress has rejected the possibility of bringing detainees to U.S. prisons where they would be entitled to all the constitutional protections of American citizens and the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), President Obama chose instead to empty the prison by transferring prisoners to other countries.

Shalabi was held by the United States as a wartime prisoner for more than 13 years and letting him go free while we are still engaged in a worldwide war on terrorism is contrary to the rules of war and international law.

The contents of a leaked military dossier states that President Obama was releasing Shalabi with “assurances” from Saudi Arabia that he would be rehabilitated to “mitigate” the risk that he will resume his killing spree against American citizens and the West.

Social Media